ICC Champions trophy Match DetailsMatch: England v New Zealand
Group: Group A
Date: Tuesday, June 6
Venue: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
England vs New Zealand Head 2 Head in ODIs:New Zealand leads head-to-head against England 41 to 36, with two matches tied and four with no result. England, though, has won the majority of the games at home, 15 to 12.
Previous Champions Trophy encounters:Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, June 16, 2013
England won by 10 runs
PoM: Alastair Cook
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg, September 29, 2009
New Zealand won by four wickets
PoM: Grant Elliott
England vs New Zealand Key facts:
- In terms of Champions Trophies, both teams are tied at 1-1 in their head-to-head.
- Martin Guptill averages 70.55 against England with a strike-rate of 98.14. His highest score against England is 189*.
- Tim Southee has 31 wickets against England at an average of 22.06, which is the most amongst the current squad.
- England’s highest score against New Zealand is 408, which made in Birmingham in 2015 was its highest ever in the format until it made 444 against Pakistan in August 2016.
- The teams’ five-match ODI series in 2015 had 3151 runs scored, the most in a series of five or fewer games.